Lakes of Northern Italy
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE AND EXTRA FLEXIBILITY
- Accommodation in 4-star hotels
- Daily breakfast and 1 Prosecco tasting
- Monolingual Tour-escort in English
- Transportation by deluxe motorcoach
- Visits to the North Lakes Region (Lake Orta, Stresa, Como, Bellagio, Varenna, Bergamo, Brescia and Lake Garda) with an expert local guide as per itinerary
- Complimentary Wi-Fi onboard to be in touch with family and friends
- Headsets to follow the information provided by the tour leader and local guides
- Stretch your legs with extra legroom on the coaches! More space is provided on board to pamper travellers with the most comfortable trip
- International or domestic airfare
- Gratuities to guides and drivers
- Travel insurance
- Porterage service
- Additional meals when not mentioned on the itinerary
- Entrance fees to monuments or museums when not mentioned on the itinerary
- Local city tax for overnight stays
- Visas required for entry into the country as necessary
- Anything of a personal nature or that is not mentioned in included
Click Book Online for pricing!
- From price is CAD per person, based on double occupancy, and for travel in low season
- The final price will vary and is also based on the month of travel
- Prices are subject to change
- Pre and Post Accommodation in Milan
- All optional excursions are subject to change and are based on availability. Optional excursions can be booked with the Tour Escort
You can request to book this tour privately, travelling only with people you know.
Health & Safety Protocols
DAY 1: MILAN > LAKE ORTA > STRESA > COMO
Benvenuti a Milano! Departure at 8:30 am is from the Hotel Starhotels Ritz in Milan to Lake Orta. Stop in the beautiful village of Orta San Giulio for a short visit. Tour by boat to reach the island of San Giulio, just in front of the village known as “The Pearl of the Lake”.
After a short visit, you will take the ferry back to Orta and depart to Stresa, a resort town on Italy’s Lake Maggiore. Enjoy the marvellous views of the Borromean Islands directly opposite Stresa. Enjoy free time for lunch. In the afternoon, enjoy a tour of the “Isola dei Pescatori” by boat. Continue to the “Isola Bella” where you might opt for a visit to the Borromeo Palace with its magnificent gardens. Return to Stresa and depart to Como.
Accommodation at the Hotel Como, Como, or similar
DAY 2: COMO > BELLAGIO > VARENNA > BERGAMO > BRESCIA
After breakfast, enjoy a visit to Como, a small town with amazing natural panoramas of mountains, Lake Como, and wild alpine valleys. Visit Bellagio, the Pearl of Lake Como is famous worldwide for its beautiful villas overlooking the water. Spend some time strolling this picturesque village with its small streets, luxury hotels, villas, and gardens, stopping for lunch in one of the many cafés in town (not included).
Back on the boat, you will make your way to Varenna that afternoon, where you will have a panoramic tour before moving on to Bergamo, a truly historic and artistic jewel. After a short walking tour in the city center, departure to Brescia, where you will check-in at your new hotel for the night. Meals: B
Accommodation at the Hotel Igea, Brescia, or similar
DAY 3: BRESCIA > SIRMIONE > RIVA DEL GARDA > VERONA
After breakfast, depart to Lake Garda, the largest lake in Italy. Enjoy a panoramic tour of the lake’s west coast, taking in the splendid natural scenery, brilliant colors, and the gentle slopes of the moraine hills. Next, you will move on to Sirmione, where you will see Lake Garda and its surroundings at their finest. See the sun shining off of the lake’s blue waters and tree-lined shores, the Sirmione cape, the Castle, and the Catullo’s ruins on a boat tour.
Back on land, you will have free time for lunch before departing for Riva del Garda on the north side of the lake, where you will see its Venetian-style historic center. Verona will be your final stop of the day, where you will check in to your hotel for the night. Meals: B
Accommodation at the Montresor Hotel Palace, Verona, or similar
DAY 4: VERONA > MILAN
After breakfast, enjoy a city tour of Verona, famous for being the setting of Shakespeare’s "Romeo and Juliet" and the Verona Arena, a massive 1st-century Roman amphitheater. A walk through its narrow streets will allow you to get in touch with Verona’s varied and fascinating past. The combination of art and history will surely take your breath away. Spend some time eating lunch (not included) before departing for Milan, where your tour will come to an end. Meals: B