Italian Renaissance by High-Speed Train or Luxury Car Rental
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE AND EXTRA FLEXIBILITY
- Accommodation in premium 4-star hotels with daily breakfast
- Private transfer from Fiumicino Airport to your hotel in Rome
- Transport by high-speed train (Business or Premium class) or luxury car rental from day 3 to day 6 of travel with an Audi A3 or similar automatic
- Garage service during your stay in Florence and transfer from Piazzale Roma or Marco Polo airport to your hotel in Venice (luxury car rental option)
- Transfers to and from the hotel to the train station in each city (high-speed train option)
- Porterage service at the train stations
- Porterage service at the hotel
- Professional tour leader (from the 3rd to the 7th day of travel)
- Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica Tour & Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill Tour (with transportation, professional local guide, entrance tickets with no line and personal audio device)
- Dinner in Trastevere (choose among three restaurants during the time of booking)
- Florence walking tour with Galleria dell’Accademia (with professional local guide, entrance tickets with no line and personal audio device)
- Half-day excursion to Chianti with wine tasting and snacks at a local winery
- Venice walking tour and skip-the-line tickets to access St. Mark’s Basilica on your own
- Gondola Ride and Bacaro experience
- Meals as per itinerary (please inform us at the moment of the booking, in case of any food allergy or dietary restrictions)
- Drinks when not mentioned
- Entrance fees to monuments or museums when not mentioned
- City tax for overnight stays (according to each city council rules)
- Everything that is not mentioned in included
Click Book Online for 2021 pricing!
- Don't miss out on this EXCLUSIVE promotion! Book the Italian Renaissance by High-Speed Train option and receive the following:
- Free Room upgrade with VIP Treatment
- Welcome drink at each hotel
- A Travel Kit "Italian Renaissance" per person
- Upgrade to travel by private vehicle and chauffeur (luxury private transfers between cities)
- Please note this upgrade is applicable on a limited number of spots and is based on availability
- Ask us about the private driver options!
- Pre and Post Accommodation
- Upgrade to 5-star accommodation option available
- Tour of Rome with local guide on the 1st day of the tour
- Excursion from Florence on the 5th day of the tour (guided tour to Siena, San Gimignano, Pisa and etc.)
- Post-tour extension to Milan or a round trip to Rome available
You can request to book this tour privately, travelling only with people you know.
DAY 1: ROME
Welcome to Rome! You will reach your hotel with a driver from the airport. The rest of the day is at leisure. We suggest a casual walk in the stunning city center.
You can visit the famous Trevi Fountain! Close your eyes, throw a coin over your right shoulder straight into the water, as the legend has it that if you do so, you are guaranteed a return to Rome! Maybe walk into Piazza Della Rotonda and enjoy the view of the Pantheon, the only ancient Roman temple that remained standing as it was through the centuries. Why not, reach Piazza Navona and take pictures of the Fountain of the Four Rivers by Bernini. The legend says that the famous Baroque sculptor positioned the Rio de la Plata River as if the statue were covering its eyes so it does not have to look at the facade of the adjacent Sant'Agnese Church designed by his rival Borromini. To know more details about the history of these outstanding sights private guided tours with one of our professional guides are possible.
The package includes a dinner in a must-visit neighborhood in Rome: Trastevere. It is one of the cores of the Roman nightlife, bustling and busy with pubs, restaurants and clubs for all ages. You will have the opportunity to dine in a typical Roman trattoria and discover culinary traditions dating back in time. Not to worry! We will take care of the reservation!
Return to your hotel for your overnight stay. Meals: D
DAY 2: THE VATICAN & ANCIENT ROME
Between 7:45 am to 8:00 am, after breakfast at your hotel, your driver will pick you up from the hotel lobby. You’ll reach the Vatican City for our exclusive Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica Skip-the-line Guided Tour. No trip to Rome is complete without a visit to the Vatican Museums. These galleries contain some of the most famous works of art in the world, including works by artists including Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Caravaggio, Raphael and Giotto. The 54th gallery of the Vatican Museums is the famed Sistine Chapel. Completed around 1483, the Sistine Chapel is arguably the most famous chapel in the world due to its famous frescoes including the ceiling and The Final Judgement by Michelangelo. The chapel is also still used for religious purposes such as the Papal Conclave – the process through which a new Pope is chosen.
In the afternoon, you will join our professional guide to access the Colosseum. This was once the most famous meeting place in the world holding 50,000-80,000 spectators. Inside, breathe in the Colosseum’s bloody past brought to life again by your guide. Leaving the Colosseum, you will see the magnificent Arch of Constantine before arriving at the excavated ruins of the Roman Forum archaeological site, where many structures remain intact to this day. Finally, on Palatine Hill you will learn about the legend of Romulus and Remus. One legend suggests this is how Rome was named for Romulus.
Enjoy the rest of the day to explore the city at your leisure. Meals: B
DAY 3: ROME > FLORENCE
Wake up in the morning at your centrally located hotel and meet your tour leader after breakfast. You will easily reach Termini Station, and board the high-speed train to Florence, you will be there in less than two hours! Such comfortable trip this is! Don’t miss out on the spectacular Italian landscape from your train window as the train heads toward the capital city of the amazing Tuscany. Your tour leader will travel with you, disclosing local tips and information to get you in the mood for this special day-trip. Once in Florence you will check in at your hotel and enjoy some free time.
If you decide the luxury car rental option, after your rich breakfast at your hotel, a driver will take you to an Avis desk to start car rental procedure. Once you have your car, you can get around and take the scenic roads of Lazio and Tuscany to reach Florence following a schedule of your own. Tucked away beneath those Tuscan hills are hundreds of tranquil, traditional Italian towns! You could pay a short visit to Civita di Bagnoregio, Orvieto or Montepulciano or, if you are crazy for Italian brands, you might stop at the Mall, a top outlet nearby Florence! Once in Florence you will check in at your hotel.
In the afternoon you will meet your expert local guide so you will be in good hands exploring the amazing architecture of this city. Florence has an important role in the civilization of the Western world and Italy. It is visited because of its beauty, and known for the amazing art and architecture. It was a home to many artists, architecture masters and painters along its history - you will be fascinated by its monuments, churches, and buildings. You will see Santa Maria del Fiore, more commonly referred to as the Duomo, Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo della Signoria (also known as Palazzo Vecchio), and the Basilica of Santa Croce. This tour will also offer you the opportunity to visit the famous Galleria dell'Accademia di Firenze or “Gallery of the Academy of Florence”, the home of Michelangelo's sculpture David, an absolute textbook masterpiece. Meals: B
DAY 4: TUSCANY COUNTRYSIDE
After breakfast, get ready to depart for one of the most beautiful and characteristic areas of Tuscany, the Chianti. Green hills strewn with kilometers and kilometers of vineyards and olive groves, small hamlets surrounded by intact medieval walls, winding streets, castles and fortresses. Montefioralle will be our stop - a wonderful town immersed in nature. Highlight will be a characteristic family-run winery, known for its sustainable agriculture and low impact. It received the Organic Certification in 2019. The staff will show you the basic processes for the production of wine, from the mashing of the grapes to actual winemaking, to aging to bottling.
A visit to the cellar and tasting of their wines (one vintage of Chianti Classico, one vintage of Chianti Classico Riserva, one vintage of IGT and Vin Santo) is included, accompanied by snacks (polenta croutons with ragu, meatballs, bread with tomato and own-production oil). The selection of wines may change according to production. After the wine tasting indulgence, enjoy a walk in Montefioralle, a jewel of rare beauty developing around the ancient castle, an important stronghold during the wars between Florence and Siena in medieval times.
Return to Florence. Rest of the day at your leisure. Meals: B
DAY 5: FLORENCE
Today you decide how to spend your last day! You can spend the day strolling the cobblestone streets of Florence on your own or choose one of our exclusive optional tours and activities. What about a guided tour to Siena, San Gimignano or Pisa? Or the thrilling experience of driving a Ferrari or vintage car? Meals: B
DAY 6: FLORENCE > VENICE
After breakfast, depart for the city of dreams, Venice by high-speed train. There, your water-taxi will take you to your hotel. The morning will be free.
With the luxury car rental option, after breakfast, your next destination will be Venice. Hit the road and head to the lagoon city for excellence. During your trip, if you want, we recommend a stop in Bologna, famous for its towers, churches and lengthy porticoes and for being the heart of the Food Valley! Other cities on the way to Venezia are Ferrara and Padua, the choice is yours! In Venice you will return your car to the Avis office in Piazzale Roma or at Marco Polo airport.
In the afternoon, you will meet your tour leader and set off for one of the most dreamed-about experiences: gondola ride along the city canals! That’s the best way to appreciate the beauty and uniqueness of this lagoon city. Gliding through Venice’s Grand Canal and minor canals, you will admire the splendid palaces, churches, bridges, gardens and warehouses lining the city’s liquid streets.
After the ride, the “Bacaro Tour” will be next, a visit to a couple local wine bars in the less touristic areas of Venice, where you will taste local wines and the so-called “cicchetti”, a kind of Venetian tapas. An exclusivity for our luxury guests! Evening at your leisure. Meals: B
DAY 7: VENICE
After breakfast, you will go ahead and enjoy your walking tour, including a Skip-the-Line ticket to the magnificent St. Mark’s Basilica and, after this, check out the most iconic places of Venice, the Palazzo dei Dogi, symbol of Venice’s glorious past as well as the legendary Ponte dei Sospiri or “Bridge of Sighs”.
Roam along Venice’s canals at your leisure, then return to the hotel and spend the night. However, we do suggest you pay a visit to Harry’s Bar, a Venetian icon that served most of the European royalties and Golden Age Hollywood celebrities since it first opened its doors in 1931. But everyone is welcome now, if you follow the correct dress code. The bar is famous for inventing the Bellini cocktail (white peach juice and Prosecco). Meals: B
DAY 8: VENICE DEPARTURE
This will be the last day of the tour. Enjoy your last breakfast at your hotel and think about the opportunity to add an escapade to Milan (optional). Arrivederci! Meals: B