Eco-Culture Experience: St. John’s & Outports Staycation
- Extensive consultation to custom design and book your end-to-end itinerary
- Exclusive-use of three private, locally-owned coastal homes located in St. John's, Heart's Delight and Elliston/Bonavista with "hotel-ready" outfitting
- Unlimited km/mi full-size standard rental vehicle from National Car Rental. The second vehicle included (priced-in) for groups larger than four adults. Upgrades for larger vehicles available
- A copy of the personalized "Traveller's Diary", written by locals with fresh contributions from previous travellers.
- A welcome basket filled with locally sourced foods to get you started
- Boutique ocean tour by boat to abandoned communities
- Meet-up with the locals at a real Heart's Delight Kitchen Party
- A trip to Lighthouse Picnic
- 15% HST sales tax (subject to change)
- Rental vehicle fuel, GPS, and insurance
- Air transportation
- Alcohol and gratuity over 15%
- Travel insurance
Contact us for more information and pricing!
- Rates are per person exclude Government Taxes
- Children under 21 can travel (rates are on request)
- Spend a day living off the land with Lori. Enjoy a coastal lunch made over an open fire
- Cod Fishing
- Stay at the Fogo Island Inn for 2 nights
- Customize Your Guidebook
- Upgrade your Rental Car to a Midsize Sport Utility Vehicle
- Add days to your Fullsize Car Rental or Midsize SUV Rental
- Rental Vehicle Drop-off Fee for Gander or Deer Lake Airports
Experience 10 Days of spontaneous events and unique discoveries! You determine your own pace for exploring Newfoundland's Avalon and Bonavista Peninsulas. We set you up with the keys to your own vehicle along with exclusive access to three beautiful private, locally-owned coastal homes located in the historic Signal Hill-Battery neighbourhood of St. John's, outport Heart's Delight, Trinity Bay, and the coastal village of Bonavista on the Bonavista Peninsula.
DAY 1 TO 4: ST. JOHN'S
St. John's is Newfoundland’s capital city—a place with a "San Francisco meets Dublin" vibe. You’ll spend three nights there, based at Hipditch House, our heritage cottage overlooking the sea, in the Battery, one of the oldest—and most colourful—neighbourhoods in St. John's. Hipditch House is a short hike from Signal Hill National Historic Park, via the North Head Trail, which starts quite literally at your doorstep. For the three to four days you spend here in North America’s oldest city, you can listen to live Celtic music, dine on fresh seafood, and hike the extensive coastal trail system—or simply head to the independent boutiques and crafters’ studios.
DAY 4 TO 7: HEART'S DELIGHT, TRINITY BAY
Arrive at Heart's Delight, a quiet former fishing village located directly on the Baccalieu Trail driving route. Spend three nights at the ocean-front EJ Sooley House, a restored traditional fisherman's house built in 1930 located on the banks of Trinity Bay. For three to four days explore over seventy small outport communities along 240 km of coastline. Drive the Cape Shore Trail driving route to Cape St. Mary's Ecological Reserve where 60,000 nesting Gannets settle on a 300-foot cliff.
DAY 7 TO 10: BONAVISTA PENINSULA
En route for Bonavista on the Discovery Trail, you’ll be treated to breathtaking ocean views, rugged scenery, lighthouses and with any luck, icebergs and whales. It will be your home base for three nights. You'll sleep at our historic Seafair House, a charming restored 19th-century fisherman's house. For three to four days, you can explore nearby outport communities, such as Trinity, Port Rexton, Elliston and Maberly. There’s a vibrant local theatre scene in Bonavista—with outdoor productions in the warmer months. Spectacular coastal hiking trails, as well as abandoned communities to discover by boat, are all nearby.
DAY 10: DEPART BONAVISTA
Depart Bonavista for St. John's International Airport. Spend your remaining time exploring the Discovery Trail or missed sites in St. John's before your flight.