Boating Holiday on the Rideau Canal
GO BOATING WITH CONFIDENCE
- Full use of a boat for the duration specified
- Fully equipped kitchen with fridge, gas oven, hob, dishes and utensils
- Bathroom facilities with hot showers and toilets
- Towels and tea towels (not beach towels)
- Pillows, duvets and bed linen
- Cruising maps, user manual and tourist information
- Safety equipment: life ring, life jackets, boat hook and fenders, basic first aid kit
- Deck equipment - moorings pegs, mallet, mop, bucket and ropes
- Full briefing by base staff and a practice run before departure
- Passage through locks
- Lock Fees, Moorings at all Parks Canada Locks
- BBQ Hotplate, Top Deck Cushions, Bimini
- Everything that is not mentioned in included
Contact us for more information and pricing!
- All cruises are to and from the base of Smiths Falls, Ontario or satellite base in Seeley’s Bay located within a 40 minute drive from the Ottawa International Airport or just over a 3 hour drive from Toronto.
- Parking available at both bases for anyone renting a car
- Bike Rental (to take onboard)
- Grocery Packs
- Stand-up Paddle Boars, Kayaks
- Eco Cleaning Pack
- Special Occasion Gift Basket
- LED Lanterns
What is a boating holiday on the Rideau Canal all about?
Discover the beauty of the Rideau Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site on a luxury boating holiday. Cruise effortlessly on a chain of beautiful lakes, rivers and canals that wind 202 km from Ottawa to Kingston. Your adventure will lead you through breath-taking nature, quaint towns and vibrant cities.
And the best part about the cruise? You choose how far to travel and when to stop - plus, no previous boating experience or a license is required! Whether it’s discovering the region’s rich history, finding your own spirit of adventure, exploring Canada’s natural wonders or simply indulging yourself in the fabulous food and quirky shops that line the canal, we know you’ll have an unforgettable time!
The boats are easy to handle, so no prior boating experience or licence is required. Before setting off, all cruisers will be taught on how to safely drive and moor the boat, and how to operate and travel through locks, ensuring they are happy and ready to confidently and safely control their vessel. If you can drive a car you can drive the boats!
Renters are in complete control of their cruise itinerary – from where to stop for lunch, to how far they travel each day!
To help you get an idea of how far you can travel in the time you have, we will advise you on a selection of routes to and from the bases in this region. You don't have to stop at all the places we list or follow the route exactly. So long as you return your boat to your end base by the date you've booked - you're free to enjoy your cruise however you like. For a comfortable pace, allowing you time to regularly stop and explore, we'd recommend an average of 2 - 4 hours cruising each day.]
So discover your perfect boating vacation. Discover Canada!