Bears & Whales in the Great Bear Rainforest
- Round trip water taxi from Alder Bay to Farewell Harbour Lodge and complimentary round trip ground shuttle from Port Hardy Airport or hotels to Alder Bay if required
- 4 days and 3 nights accommodation in a private room at Farewell Harbour Lodge with private ensuite bathroom and shower
- Welcome briefing and orientation to the tours, viewing opportunities and facilities
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and snacks starting with lunch on day 1 and ending with lunch on day 4
- All transportation on all wildlife excursions
- Half-day marine tour excursion on arrival day
- One full-day excursion to one of our grizzly viewing areas
- One full day on marine tour excursion or an additional grizzly viewing excursion
- Short optional excursion on marine tour, sea kayaking, rainforest walk or forest bathing (Shinrin yoku) walk on departure day
- Evening guide presentations and slideshows
- BC Government Hotel Tax
- $10 per person carbon offset fee
- 5% Goods & Services Tax (GST)
- Gratuity for staff (recommended $40.00 per day per guest)
- Alcoholic beverages except for wine with dinner
Click Book Online for 2021 pricing!
- All prices are per person
- When making your booking please inform us of any health concerns or special dietary needs. As well, if you have any allergies we must be notified prior to arrival.
- All guests will be required to sign a waiver prior to joining the tour
- 5, 6 or 7 days all-inclusive packages are available on request
- Rates for children from 10 to 16 years old are available on request
- Guests may depart from either Alder Bay or purchase an add-on and fly direct from Vancouver to Port Hardy
Below is a sample itinerary for the 4-day all-inclusive package. The actual itinerary may vary based on guests’ interests, weather and wildlife activity. Farewell Harbour Lodge reserves the right to adjust these itineraries based on these variables. Creating memorable experiences in the Great Bear Rainforest is our ultimate goal!
DAY 1: ARRIVAL DAY
Depart Alder Bay at 12:30 pm aboard our water taxi for the scenic 30-minute service to Farewell Harbour. Greet Farewell Harbour Lodge staff at the dock. Check-in, receive welcome orientation and lunch. Relax, you’re here! After settling into accommodations, join an afternoon tour in search of marine wildlife in the waters of the famous Johnstone Strait and Blackfish Sound. Return to the lodge by 4:30 pm. Buffet dinner, followed by next day activity briefing. Evening presentation on some aspect of coastal ecology.
DAY 2: FAREWELL HARBOUR LODGE ACTIVITIES
After breakfast, meet on the dock at 8:00 am for the first full day bear viewing adventure to one of our main grizzly viewing estuaries! Our bear viewing takes us to one of several estuaries where we view either from a zodiac or on foot depending on the tide. Return by 4:30 pm; buffet dinner followed by evening presentation on some aspect of Great Bear Rainforest, bears, whales or First Nations culture.
DAY 3: FAREWELL HARBOUR LODGE ACTIVITIES
Early morning breakfast, then on the water at 8:00 am for your choice of another bear viewing safari or a more extensive exploration of the incredibly rich waters of Johnstone Strait and Blackfish Sound. Orcas typically return to these waters mid-July although Humpbacks and other marine life can often be seen throughout our season. Return by 4:30 pm for dinner and evening program.
DAY 4: DEPARTURE DAY
In the morning, choose from one of the following options:
• A short morning sea kayak excursion in the protected and crystalline waters near Farewell Harbour Lodge
• A marine mammal excursion
• A rainforest walk or forest bathing (Shinrin yoku) walk
Return to the lodge for the water taxi back to Alder Bay arriving about midday for ongoing connections.