- All-inclusive Program
- All meals from arrival day dinner to departure day lunch
- Comfortable forest accommodation
- Program materials, equipment, facilitation, guided excursions, and administration are all included
- Experiences at the Edge are Unplugged - the property features a wifi-free atmosphere and there is no cellular service available. This helps groups to come closer together. An emergency phone line is available
- Everything that is not mentioned in included
Contact us for more information and pricing!
- Each weekend’s activities are determined by the weather, season, and group's interest. Subject to change, this itinerary is just a sample
- Guests spend a few days ‘Unplugged’ in nature, as the host provides customized opportunities to participate in activities that awaken the senses to the sights, smells, and sounds of the Algonquin Park landscape
- Various activities are offered to enhance your experience - Guided Canoe, Hiking, and Stand-Up Paddleboard Excursions with a focus on connecting to nature and more!
These experiences are designed for adults – young and old; from millennials to baby boomers. Experiences at the Edge are bucket-list-worthy experiences you’ll be telling stories about for years to come.
Settle into your cabin and get to know other guests on the afternoon of your arrival. Hit the water with guided Stand-Up Paddleboard, Kayak, and Canoe excursions through lakes Kawawaymog, Nahma, Craig, North Tea, and the Amable du Fond river.
Share a bike-and-hike to Moose Mountain or the Tower Trail, enjoy a dip in the lake after an outdoor wood-fired sauna, and as always, savour chef Gregor’s award-winning food experiences. All outdoor equipment use is included.
Rise early one morning & paddle the Amable du Fond River in the mist on a Morning Tea with Moose excursion to seek out moose, Algonquin’s most majestic mammal, while sipping Algonquin Tea. Enjoy a variety of workshops & hands-on learning experiences.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL DAY
Orientation, and settle into your private forest cabin. Meet your host and other guests at the lakefront garden and enjoy a light snack and refreshing drink. In the afternoon wander the Edge, joining facilitators in the garden, studio, or at the dock for a taste of adventure or dreamtime to decompress after your drive. In the evening, the Chef introduces dinner featuring garden-fresh, regional food. After dinner, we’ll light the sauna or have a campfire. Tuck under the covers in your cabin and drift off to sleep to the echoing call of loons.
DAY 2: DAY ACTIVITIES
In the morning, after a short paddling lesson, we’ll head out on a Morning Tea with Moose Safari. From Kawawaymog Lake we’ll travel by canoe through the Amable du Fond river in search of moose. On this day trip, we’ll learn about Algonquin Park's most famous residents and waterside flora, keeping our eyes open for otters, beavers, loons, and other wildlife. Back at the Edge, we’ll have some Free Time. Your host will be available at the dock if you are interested in a Paddleboarding lesson or would like to head out for another paddle via canoe or kayak. In the evening, join us for a special dinner in the forest. After dinner, we’ll share stories and music around the campfire.
DAY 3: DAY ACTIVITIES
In the early morning a misty morning paddle before your continental breakfast. After breakfast, it’s a morning on the water: Take out a canoe, kayak, or stand-up paddleboard and explore Kawawaymog Lake before a nourishing lunch. In the afternoon, we’ll head out mountain biking or hiking on the Forgotten Trails. Guided experiences will travel to Moose Mountain, Loxton Beaver, or Tower Trail. Alternatively, head out on a self-guided adventure of your choice. After dinner, join local artists and learn some of the cultural histories of Algonquin Park. Then, we’ll break out the watercolours so you can have the chance to capture the landscapes, in a program reminiscent of “paint night.”
DAY 4: DEPARTURE DAY
After breakfast, you will choose your adventure. Stand up paddling, sea kayaking, canoeing. mountain biking, hiking, or spend a quiet morning on the lakeside. Afterwards, enjoy a Farewell Brunch and Happy trails!