The Walper Grand River Hiking Experience
The historic Walper Hotel, in the heart of Canada’s Silicon Valley North, is the new hot spot for Kitchener Waterloo’s growing tech community. A downtown landmark, the hotel has played a pivotal role in the city’s development since it was established in 1893. The hotel’s 2017 renewal transformed the Walper into a modern boutique hotel that honours its historic details.
This 2-day experience includes an interpretive hike into Canada’s most biodiverse nature in the historic Grand River Valley.
Treat yourself, gift it to a friend or loved one, or say thank you to a colleague or employee.
1 Night and 2 Days - $319.00/couple CAD
- One-night accommodation at The Walper Hotel
- A guided hike of The Grand River – 4 hours with approx. 6 km hike plus interpretative experiences (minimum 6 hikers required).
- Your guide will be Jamie Kent or one of his team members – Jamie left a suit & tie in 1997, pursuing his passion for providing outdoor adventure for visitors from across the world. As a Paddle Canada Instructor-Trainer, Jamie trains other canoe instructors & specializes in instructional trips for clients. He is also a Certified True Colors Trainer in interpersonal skills and combines 35 years of business, training, and adventure experience to operate corporate team building adventures.
- Breakfast (or any other meals)
- The price listed is per couple. We are able to customize this package to add or subtract nights and inclusions.
- Valid for stays up to April 1, 2021. Once purchased, please contact Omega Tours to confirm your dates and availability.
Enjoy a one-of-a-kind experience at The Walper Hotel, Waterloo Region’s iconic 4-star boutique hotel. Built in 1893, and extensively renovated in 2017, you can expect a contemporary design with many of the original features preserved.
Visit St. Jacob’s Market and the village of St. Jacobs on your way in or arrive in Kitchener and take a 6-minute walking tour with a local expert.
On Day 2 at 9:00 am, explore nature & early Canadian Culture with us in the historic Grand River Valley. A Canadian Heritage River & South Ontario’s largest, the Grand runs 300 km thru Waterloo Region, Brantford & Six Nations Reserve, and is home to some of South Ontario’s largest forests.
Our interpretative hikes take you off the beaten path to explore some of Canada’s most biodiverse landscapes with rare Carolinian Forest & Tall-grass Prairie few know exist in Ontario. Our knowledgeable guide will lead you to experience discovering a rare bald eagle nest, view a large Blue Heron Rookery, or hear an Osprey scream in an unspoiled nature reserve. With its Heritage designation, the Grand is rich First Nations history & legends plus stories of early settlers your Guide will share with you.
Afterward, the Cultural experience continues with the Après Hike, relaxing in an authentic riverside cafe or pub, exploring First Nations culture, or immersing yourself in the historic charm of a heritage hotel. Hiking the Grand River Valley is a Grand Experience.