Seven Gables Tillsonburg and Long Point World Biosphere Experience
On this interpretive hiking experience, you’ll discover old-growth forests that few know exist. Venture into the Carolinian Forest, Canada’s most biodiverse, in a designated World Biosphere on Ontario’s South Coast.
Settle into the Seven Gables B&B in historic Tillsonburg. Built in 1904, this classic Edwardian is nestled on five acres of land, and is steps from down Tilsonburg. Seven Gables is a charming home away from home.
Treat yourself, gift it to a friend or loved one, or say thank you to a colleague or employee.
1 Night and 2 Days - $349.00/couple CAD
- 1-night accommodation at The Seven Gables Tillsonburg
- Breakfast daily
- A guided hike in the Long Point World Biosphere – 4 hours with approx. 6 km hike plus interpretative experiences (minimum 6 hikers required).
- Your guide will be Jamie Kent or one of his team members – Jamie left a suit & tie in 1997, pursuing his passion for providing outdoor adventure for visitors from across the world. As a Paddle Canada Instructor-Trainer, Jamie trains other canoe instructors & specializes in instructional trips for clients. He is also a Certified True Colors Trainer in interpersonal skills and combines 35 years of business, training, and adventure experience to operate corporate team building adventures.
- The price listed is per couple. We are able to customize this package to add or subtract nights and inclusions.
- Valid for stays up to April 30, 2021 and based on accommodation availability. Once purchased, please contact Omega Tours to confirm your dates and availability.
194 years ago, George Tillson discovered a beautiful area along the banks of the Otter Creek. While he claimed it then as Derhem Forge, this was the start of Tillsonburg. Throughout its history, it’s been known for everything from oatmeal and tobacco to Olympic basketball teams and vintage military training aircraft. While in town explore the local trail network, small-town shopping, and the story of the Tillsons at Seven Gables Tillsonburg.
30 Tillson Ave, Tillsonburg, ON
A visit to Annandale National Historic Site will have you oohing and ahhing over this beautiful 1880s mansion built by the town’s first mayor, E.D. Tillson. Learn all about the Aesthetic Arts Movement and Tillsonburg’s innovative beginnings. This Oscar-Wilde inspired home is truly an iconic Canadian visual experience you won’t soon forget. Make an appointment to see the Gallery and the historic home.
Station Arts Centre
41 Bridge St. W., Tillsonburg, ON
Located on historic Bridge St. West, two train stations stand proudly as the home of the Tillsonburg Station Arts Centre. Year-round, explore local artist exhibits, take a class and shop the Baggage Room Gift Shop for a handmade gift.
9:00 am: Discover a UNESCO World Biosphere Nature Reserve on Ontario’s South Coast by Lake Erie. Join our unique interpretative hike exploring Long Point’s large, rare old-growth Carolinian forest. Experience towering, semi-tropical, fragrant Tulip Trees and 400-year-old Black Gum Trees as skilled Guides reveal an almost unknown preserved forest few locals know. Explore Canada’s most biodiverse ecosystem through Upland & Lowland Forests, crossing wetlands & streams on groomed paths and boardwalks for a mix of accessible &/or more rugged paths carefully selected for you by your knowledgeable guide.
Sounds of Pileated Woodpeckers echo thru the woods as you interpret animal tracks & habitat. Fully experiencing the forest you’ll uncover an historic Maple Sugar Shack & become immersed in our early settler culture & folklore. Hear stories of wise pioneers fooling invading 1814 Americans to save their settlement. And learn how they preserved this amazing forest practicing Conservation 200 years ahead of their time. Hike our unspoiled natural paradise to experience a gift of the past.
41256 Cranberry Line, Tillsonburg, ON
This artisan boutique and market is filled with locally sourced goods. Shop Ontario cheese, preserves, jewelry, Dutch specialty items, and more. Be sure to check out their workshops online and purchase goodies to enjoy while driving the back roads.
Coyle’s Country Store
244282 Airport Rd, Tillsonburg, ON
Coyle’s Country Store has been family-owned for over 100 years! Known for their extensive confectionery products, fresh-made fudge, and house-roasted nuts as well as home decor and accent furniture, it’s easy to spend a while here.
Recommended Restaurants: With a history of sports and an extensive trail network there is a fun healthy vibe to several restaurants in Tillsonburg. Consider checking out the Nectar Coffee Bar, Enchanted Eats, or for an earlier dinner Indigo Lounge Organic Café. Hearty pub fare and classic Lake Erie fish and chips can also be found in town.