Authentic Pine Cabin and Grand Hike Experience
Live the experience our Managing Director, Jason Sarracini discovered in October 2020. Jason drove less than 90 minutes from Toronto to explore the beautiful wilderness of the Carolinian Forest guided by local nature expert, Jamie Kent. He then strolled the streets of picturesque Paris, Ontario, and stayed at the charmingly rustic pine cabins in Chiefswood Park where Six Nations welcomes the world. Relive this unique experience with this 1-night getaway.
Treat yourself, gift it to a friend or loved one, or say thank you to a colleague or employee.
1 Night and 2 Days - $449.00/couple CAD
- 1-night stay in a large, grand cabin that accommodates 1-8 guests.
- Cabins include:
- covered front porch
- large kitchenette with plates, cutlery, cookware, and 4-burner stovetop
- private bathroom and shower
- heating/cooling system
- private bedroom with double bed
- pull out couch in main area
- four single beds in loft area with ladder access
- access to Grand River and nature trails
- private fire pit
- free wifi
- A guided hike of The Grand River – 4 hours with approx. 6 km hike plus interpretative experiences (minimum 6 hikers required).
- Your guide will be Jamie Kent or one of his team members – Jamie left a suit & tie in 1997, pursuing his passion for providing outdoor adventure for visitors from across the world. As a Paddle Canada Instructor-Trainer, Jamie trains other canoe instructors & specializes in instructional trips for clients. He is also a Certified True Colors Trainer in interpersonal skills and combines 35 years of business, training, and adventure experience to operate corporate team building adventures.
- The price listed is for 2 hikers and up to 8 in a large, grand cabin. We are able to customize this package to add or subtract nights and inclusions.
- Valid for stays up to April 1, 2021. Once purchased, please contact Omega Tours to confirm your dates and availability.
Geographically located just outside the Greater Golden Horseshoe, Chiefswood Park is in close proximity to major markets in Ontario, we easy access to the 400 series highway. The park is nestled along the Grand River – a Canadian Heritage River – which is synonymous with the rich history of the Six Nations and located within one of the last remaining Carolinian forests.
Chiefswood Park is a world-class cultural heritage destination that offers a variety of product experiences aiming to teach guests about authentic Haudenosaunee culture. Beautiful, cozy, cottage accommodations inspired by the era of the 1860’s ties the park in with Chiefswood National Historic Site located on the adjacent property.
On Day 2 at 9:00 am, explore nature & early Canadian Culture with us in the historic Grand River Valley. A Canadian Heritage River & South Ontario’s largest, the Grand runs 300 km thru Waterloo Region, Brantford & Six Nations Reserve, and is home to some of South Ontario’s largest forests.
Our interpretative hikes take you off the beaten path to explore some of Canada’s most biodiverse landscapes with rare Carolinian Forest & Tall-grass Prairie few know exist in Ontario. Our knowledgeable guide will lead you to experience discovering a rare bald eagle nest, view a large Blue Heron Rookery, or hear an Osprey scream in an unspoiled nature reserve. With its Heritage designation, the Grand is rich First Nations history & legends plus stories of early settlers your Guide will share with you.