A Delectable, Mid-week Escape to Ingersoll
Canada’s Dairy Capital beckons! Pamper yourself at the charming Elm Hurst Inn, explore the surrounding nature with a guide, and craft your own truffles with a local chocolatier. Hit the local cheese shop for a piece of artisanal cheese to enjoy during your stay or to take home with you.
Treat yourself, gift it to a friend or loved one, or say thank you to a colleague or employee.
1 Night and 2 Days - $509.00/couple CAD
- One night’s accommodations (from Sunday – Thursday) in an Inn Room
- An elegant dinner for two at Elm Hurst Mansion Restaurant – featuring our “Chef’s Select” gourmet three-course dinner
- Complimentary Hot Plated Breakfast in Elm Hurst Mansion Restaurant
- A guided hike in the Nith Forest – 4 hours with approx. 6 km hike plus interpretative experiences & campfire lunch included (minimum 6 hikers required).
- Your guide will be Jamie Kent or one of his team members – Jamie left a suit & tie to start Grand Experiences in 1997, pursuing his passion of providing outdoor adventure for visitors from across the world. As a Paddle Canada Instructor-Trainer, Jamie trains other canoe instructors & specializes in instructional trips for clients. He is also a Certified True Colors Trainer in interpersonal skills and combines 35 years of business, training, and adventure experience to operate corporate team building adventures.
- A chilled bottle of sparkling wine
- Two engraved champagne flutes
- One dozen chocolate-dipped strawberries
- Spa Treatments at Elm Hurst Inn
- Truffle Camp Experience
- Wine Cellar & Cheese Shop Nosh Box
- Price listed is per couple and for stays from Sunday to Thursday. We are able to customize this package to add or subtract nights and inclusions.
The Elm Hurst Inn
The Elm Hurst Inn & Spa offers luxury accommodation, fine dining, and spa relaxation on their heritage property on the outskirts of Ingersoll. The property offers a relaxing decadent escape but is a minute away from the Town of Ingersoll, offering cheese, chocolate, antiques, and boutiques. Also a 20 min drive to Woodstock and Gunn’s Hill Artisan Cheese.
Recommended Experience: Truffle Camp
Step into the role of chocolatier for an evening as you work with local chocolatier, Cindy Walker of Chocolatea. Immediately embraced by the warmth of this small-town shop owner, you’ll love learning the art of truffle-making and handcrafting your own small batch of 12 truffles. Work with a mix of local ingredients from neighbouring farms to understand the terroir and flavours that makeup Southwestern Ontario and some special international flavours as well. Get your hands a bit messy as you create your own filling, pipe it into Belgian chocolate and coat it using a variety of techniques perfected by Cindy herself. Smell, see and of course taste, the fruits of your labour as you create a dozen truffles in four mouth-watering flavours. It’s the perfect experience for couples, singles, and families alike looking to try something unique and delicious.
9:00 am Guided walk of The Nith Forest.
After your gourmet breakfast, experience the Nith Forest. Let us guide you on a path less traveled exploring untamed natural areas along the little-known Nith River. Tributary of the Grand River Watershed, the Nith’s part of a designated Canadian Heritage River, home to some of South Ontario’s largest forests & early Canadian culture. Experience hiking rare Carolinian Forest in hidden valleys that feel lost in time with unknown and untouched beauty. Meandering through rural South Central Ontario, the Nith’s Forests feature folklore of abandoned early riverside settlements plus amazing nature with stunning sights unknown even to locals. Picturesque old iron bridges & herds of white-tailed deer cross the river, while Red-tailed Hawks cry out above.
Our immersive interpretative forest experience includes animal tracking plus exploring habitat from animal to historic, uncovering old Trapper’s Lean-to’s & a pioneer’s cabin foundation lost in the forest. Complete with a campfire building for a warm lunch featuring our delicious Maple Chilli, our Nith hike is an authentic explorer’s experience. (4 hours with approx. 6 km hike plus interpretative experiences & campfire lunch included)
On Your Way Home: The Wine Cellar & Cheese Shop
A ferment-on-premise wine shop that has evolved into an ever-popular and beautiful boutique cheese shop serving up Ontario and International cheeses. Get a nosh box for two to enjoy on your way home.